I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that many of you preppy readers love headbands as much as I do. Am I right??
Well....assuming I AM right, today, I'd like to share a fun, EASY do-it-yourself project with you: a headband display.
I came across this craft a few summers ago when cleaning out my closet. I found Groom Your Room, an American Girl book with tons of do-it-yourself projects made with everyday household items. I flipped through it and discovered some pretty cool ideas!
Anyone remember this?
This project is super easy, all you need is: tape, a hot glue gun, a roll of paper towels, and ribbon and fabric of your choice.
(I apologize I don't have pictures of the different steps..I made this years ago before I ever even thought of having a blog!)
- Unroll the paper towel roll until it is the desired width (I'd get a headband or two to measure it; if you get the Super Rolls like my mom, it will be a bit too thick for your headbands to slide on).
- Use a piece of tape to secure the paper towels after you've unrolled it to the right size
- Wrap the paper towel roll with your fabric, making sure it is centered so the ends are even.
- Use your glue gun to glue the fabric down in place.
- Tie ribbon to each of the ends to secure it
I think I might need to make a second one!
Since making this, 5 or 6 of my friends have followed suit! It is such a cute and easy way to store all my headbands!
Now, if I was starting fresh-- here are some headbands I'd add to my collection to fill the holder:
Do you wear headbands? If so, do you have a favorite headband designer? How do you store your headbands?
Don't forget to enter my giveaway!