Are y'all as ready for the long weekend as I am?
I have a feeling the next three days are going to drag!
Today I am excited to share the recipe for a pasta salad I made Monday night and shared on Instagram. I was inspired by this recipe, but tweaked it a little for my tastes.
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
8 oz bowtie pasta
1/2 cup of chopped pecans
2 tbs olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt, pepper, & crushed red pepper to taste
3 tbs balsamic vinegar
3 stalks of green chard, chopped
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 and roast the pecans for 5-7 minutes, until fragrant
2. Cook bowtie pasta, drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside in large bowl.
3. In skillet, heat olive oil and garlic over medium low-heat, stirring frequently to avoid burning the garlic. When garlic is golden brown and fragrant, add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Set aside for 5 minutes.
4. Add chard, pecans, and olive oil mixture to pasta and stir to mix all ingredients. Add balsamic vinegar and mix.
5. Once pasta is fully cooled, add cheese and mix in.
6. Chill for 1-2 hours and top with additional cheese and pecans if desired.
This recipe was so delicious and easy! I was really craving fatty baked macaroni and cheese the night I made it, and thought this was a good compromise. Any pasta that contains as much green as it does actual pasta is a-okay in my book!
It would also make for a great potluck recipe and is convenient as it can be prepared and chilled ahead of time!
Are you a fan of pasta salad?
What are some of your go-to recipes to try and practice moderation?
Have a great day!