I hope you're all having a good week so far!
I am trying to get into a summer groove. I planned out a summer schedule for myself, but haven't quite gotten it together yet. Movers are coming to move all the major furniture at my parents' house bright and early on Friday, thus meaning I have to get my room packed up by Thursday night. It shouldn't be too bad given that I've already moved out and taken lots of stuff, but it's proven more difficult than I thought. I think I'm a bit in denial and thinking "If I just don't pack up my room, the move won't happen, right?" WRONG! I just need to suck it up and pack, no matter how hard it is to say goodbye to the house I grew up in!
I am hoping that once this week is over I will get into my routine and would really like to post 2-3 times per week during the summer. We'll see how it all goes, though!
Today I wanted to share a DELICIOUS cookie recipe with you! I posted these cookies on Instagram way back in April and have been meaning to share the recipe with you for quite some time. So without further adieu, here is a recipe for banana chocolate chip cookies! The original recipe can be found here, at Sarcastic Cooking!
1 c (2 sticks), plus 1 tbs unsalted butter, softened
1 c granulated sugar
1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp molasses
1/2 c packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 and 1/4 c all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 and 1/2 c walnuts, chopped (I left these out!)
2 ripe bananas, diced
1. Brown one stick of butter and one tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. This will take about 5 minutes...you want the butter to be golden brown and to have little brown bits floating in it.
2. Remove from heat, pour into bowl (making sure to scrape the brown bits into the bowl) and set aside to cool.
3. Cream remaining stick of butter along with the granulated sugar, about 5 min at medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. Add vanilla and molasses. Beat until incorporated.
5. Add brown butter and brown sugar. Beat for 2 min until incorporated.
6. Add the egg and egg yolk, beating for one minute after adding each.
7. Whisky together flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in separate bowl.
8. Add flour mixture all at once to the butter mixture. Beat on low until almost fully incorporated.
9. Fold in chocolate chips and banana by hand (this would also be when you fold in the walnuts, if you choose to include them).
10. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for half an hour.
This is what the batter looked like!
11. Preheat oven to 375F.
12. Remove batter from fridge and roll into tbs sized balls.
13. Bake 12-14 minutes, until slightly browned on outside, but still chewy and soft on inside!
I cannot rave enough about these cookies! They were so delicious and the banana caused them to stay nice and chewy for days after baking!
Have you baked anything yummy lately?
Have a great day!