I hope you had a great weekend! Mine was fun, but jam-packed! This morning I am moving slow and fighting what I am hoping is just allergies and not the start of a summer cold! I am thankful for a dreary day to relax!
When I very first started blogging, I posted a recipe for sangria that quickly became a go-to! I hadn't made it yet this summer and got the urge a few weekends ago! Being that it was so long ago that I first shared the recipe, I decided I would share it with you again today! It is a simple recipe that can be easily made in a pinch!
1 bottle of red wine (a cheaper wine is fine here)
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1 orange, cut into wedges
1 lime, cut into wedges
1 small can of diced pineapples, with juice
2 tbs sugar
a splash of orange juice
2 shots of gin or triple sec (you can be generous here)
1 cup strawberries
4 cups of gingerale
1. Pour wine into large pitcher and squeeze the juice out of the wedges of lemon, orange, and lime into the wine. Toss in fruit wedges.
2. Add the can of pineapple to the wine mixture, making sure to pour all the pineapple juice in.
3. Add sugar, OJ, and gin/triple sec.
4. Stir and chill overnight. (This step can be skipped if you are in a time crunch)
5. Add gingerale, strawberries, and ice just before serving.
I enjoyed mine out of the "Alexandra Bee" stadium cup that Peach Tea Monograms custom made just for me! If you haven't checked out their Etsy site, be sure to head over and see all their cute monogrammed goodies. You can also enter my giveaway for one of their monogrammed mason jar tumblers by clicking here!
What are your favorite summertime drinks?
Have a great day!