Hope you're enjoying the shortened holiday week!
I am still getting back in a groove since returning home from NYC. Today is my day to get $*!% done! I have a mountain of laundry I'm working on and still need to finish unpacking!
I'm excited to be sharing a most scrumptious summer recipe with you today! Each and every ingredient is among my favorite foods, so that tells you just how good it is!
A few weeks ago Katie, posted this picture on Instagram: A summer pizza with corn on it! The wheels in my head instantly started turning. Corn on a pizza!? Yes, please!
The very next night I decided to take my own spin at a pizza with corn...and it was delicious!
12 in pizza crust (we are usually lazy and just use a pre-made Boboli)
3 tbs pesto (we used this recipe from fellow blogger and book club friend, Caroline)
5-6 slices prosciutto
1 mozzarella ball (yes, we were fatties and used the entire ball...)
1 ear of corn
salt & pepper, to taste
a handful (or two!) of arugula, tossed in olive oil & balsamic
1. Preheat oven to 400F and arrange prosciutto slices on baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 min, until cripsy. Set aside and adjust oven temperature to 450F.
2. In the meantime, bring large pot of water to a boil. Place ear of corn in boiling water for 10 min. Let cool a few minutes and then remove corn from cob, using a knife. Set aside.
3. Spread your homemade (recipe here) or store bought pesto on pizza crust.
4. Top with prosciutto slices and desired amount of mozzarella.
5. Spread corn evenly on top of cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Bake in 450F oven for 8-10 min until cheese is melted and crust is browned.
7. While pizza is cooking, toss a handful of arugula in olive oil & balsamic.
8. Top pizza with arugula.
We served it with a rocket salad and agreed it was a win-win!
What is your favorite type of pizza?
How do you cook with corn and other summer staples?
Any favorite summer recipes I should try next?
Have a great day!