This week has really been dragging along for me. I hope yours has been better!
Today I am sharing an extra yummy recipe I created last week: Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll-Ups. Those that follow along on Insta already heard me rave about this meal once, so now I am excited to post the recipe.
I initially got the idea for the meal from this recipe, however, took it in my very own direction!
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
8 chicken breast tenderloins
4 slices of Prosciutto (I may double this next time I fix this...)
Fresh Mozzarella (I just bought a ball and sliced it)
Fresh Grated Parmesan
1 sheet puff pastry (thawed, if frozen)
1 egg, beaten
Salt and Pepper
Other seasoning optional (I also used an Italian herb blend seasoning)
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Rinse chicken and cut away excess fat. Dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cut prosciutto slices in half, to the shape of chicken tenderloins, creating 8 pieces total.
4. Slice mozzarella into small, but thick slices.
5. Place prosciutto and mozzarella on chicken tenderloins and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Roll chicken tenderloins up, tightly.
7. Flour a cutting board and roll puff pastry out on it. Slice puff pastry into 8 slices (I find using a pizza cutter is a great way to do this!).
8. Roll the puff pastry around chicken roll-ups, pressing down at the seam to seal.
9. Coat with beaten egg and season as desired (I sprinkled with an Italian herb blend seasoning and pepper).
10. Cook in a greased baking sheet at 400F for approximately 25 minutes or until puff pastry becomes golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
It made for a great, light meal
when paired with caesar salad!
What's been cookin' in your kitchen lately?
What are your go-to light meals?
Have a great day!