I am happy to say that this week is going great! The last few weeks since returning to school after Christmas break just dragged by. Fortunately, however, this week I am finally feeling re-energized and back into my routine!
Today I'm going to share a super easy appetizer recipe with you!
To me, the Super Bowl is all about the food and the commercials.
This year I actually cheered on the Ravens, because Michael Oher from The Blind Side, is a Raven (I secretly want to be Sandra Bullock's character from that movie). I was happy they ended the night with the win!
We attended a party at a friend's parents' house and it was a nice, casual evening surrounded by good people and good food!
I wanted to bring something to share with everyone else and was inspired by this recipe I found on Pinterest. Not having time to make my own pretzel dough and wait 2 hours for it to rise, I brainstormed how I could put my own spin on it and am pretty happy with what I came up with. So without further adieu, here's the recipe!
1 cup, chopped ham (A good trick for recipes that call for cubed ham is just to grab some from the salad bar at your grocery store and then chop it down to your liking)
1 package of crescent rolls
1. Open the crescent rolls so that they are in two rectangles (4 crescent triangles each).
2. Smoosh the seam of the crescent rolls together, so that the dough is shaped into one rectangle.
3. Lightly flower the dough and roll it out flat.
4. Sprinkle mozzarella and poppy seeds onto the dough.
5. Spread ham on bottom third of dough and sprinkle with more mozzarella.
6. Roll the dough up tightly.
7. Slice into wheels.
8. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Serve with mustard of choice and enjoy! (Makes 32 wheels)
This Jack Daniels Honey Dijon was incredible with them!
This recipe was really simple and also yummy! It only took about 20 minutes max!
In the future I may try mixing it up a bit in the following ways...
-Using cheddar instead of mozzarella or a mix of cheeses
-Adding a bit more cheese
-Lightly spreading the mustard on the dough before adding the cheese, poppy seeds, and ham to give it an added kick of flavor!
What were your favorite eats of the Super Bowl?
I'll leave you with a laugh for your Wednesday--this was my favorite commercial!
Have a great week!